Translate

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Horsing Around

Meet Liam. He's an eleven year old off the track thoroughbred. Liam came into my life over a year ago. 

I'm a born and raised Texan, but for the past five years I've been living all over New York. After giving up a very good job in the city (due to the whole NYC life that this lil Texan couldn't digest) I ended up on a horse farm in upstate NY where I met my best friend Liam. 


After winning quite a bit of money in fifty seven races all over Florida, Liam was auctioned off. He somehow ended up in New York, and then went to a family that I guess just forgot to feed him.

 

When he came to the farm, he was emaciated, and his spirit was broken. My heart bled for this creature, but I tried not to get too attached..EPIC FAIL. It took months to get the weight back on him, and many months after that to get him to a place where he felt comfortable with me touching him. I worked with him daily, often multiple times a day. The goal was to help him understand........not all people are bad, and that not all people will hurt you. 


In August of 2012 my roommate and I paid the final payments and Liam became another member of the mismatched FourLeggedFriendship crew.  




 

The rest of the members of our crew are....


 

Our fearless leader Chloe.....who sometimes rules with an iron claw.
Second in command, is Tweak.
The Muscle, Charlie 
The newest ten legged/honorary "four legged" member of our crew, Mr. Hercules Montague Crabs


Last, but certainly not least, The team mascot.....LB

Now that you have met the crew, I'll explain our purpose. Life is a beautiful gift. We are given the chance to make friendships of all different kinds. Some for a lifetime, and others if but for a moment in time. My hope, is to chronicle our misadventures together and the journey of starting my own business.



Let the fun begin......
 


2 comments:

  1. Yay for the friends! Great job, and best wishes for your success. I know you can do it!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete